A little something for Florida youngsters to complete during the storm.
- Sometimes we question where God is during a storm. But this question is about finding the ugly, nasty, hairy Irma storm in God’s Word. In Psalm 23 (New International Version), it’s possible to spell “Irma” six times sequentially without duplicating the same letter. All six “Irma” spellings have to be in order, although there will be letters between them. The first one is in the phrase “The Lord Is my ShepheRd, I lack nothing. He MAkes…” Can you find all six of them?
- The state of Florida has 3 National Football League teams, 2 Major League Baseball teams, 2 National Basketball Association teams, 2 National Hockey League teams, and 1 Major League Soccer team. That makes 10 professional sports teams in Florida. One of them is the Lightning—but we don’t want to talk about lightning right now. Of the remaining 9, 6 of them have an animal mascot. Can you name those six mascots?
- Why did the practice of naming hurricanes after women come to an end in 1978?
- Unlike hurricanes, women are generally sweet, peaceful, calm human beings.
- Meteorologists ran out of women’s names.
- It made more sense to save women’s names for volcanoes.
- In most regions, bad, scary wind gusts come from the men.
- I’m guessing hurricane preparations in South Florida are really stressful. But stress affects different people in different ways. List the members of your family in order from the coolest and calmest to the one who freaked out and has completely lost his/her mind.
- If your parents decided to evacuate Florida and take you to one of the following places for 2 whole weeks, which place would you choose? Explain your choice in excruciating detail to the person sitting next to you. They’ve got the time. They’re not going anywhere.
- The Shire
- Suppose your parents decided to hunker down and ride out the storm in your home. They also decided you would have to eat the same meal for 7 straight days, but you get to choose a meal from the following options. Which would you choose?
- Corn dogs and tater tots
- Macaroni and cheese
- Your favorite cereal
- Unscramble the following words to get 10 named hurricanes:
- If A=1, B=2, C=3, etc., what is the total point value for the following phrases:
- Go Away Irma
- God is with me in the storm
- Hunker Down
- Be still and know that I am God
- My brother smells like a manatee
- Okay, so you evacuated to some random hotel. You’re not even sure what state you’re in. Pets aren’t allowed so your dad hid the dog in a suitcase under the bed. Then you find out mom only brought one movie to watch. It better NOT be…
- Home Alone
- Garbage Pail Kids
- Ninja Turtles 3
- There are plenty of not fun things about Hurricane Irma. But maybe some good will somehow come from it. Check off your 3 favorite things from this list of things that Irma may cause:
- You get to meet and help a neighbor you never knew before.
- You get to miss school.
- You get to learn to operate a chainsaw.
- Road trip!
- You get to hang out in a closet or bathtub with your siblings.
- You get to eat a TON of donuts and pizza and snacks and mom just doesn’t seem to care.
- You get to learn new words/phrases like feederband, eyewall, storm surge, and “did we remember the cat?”
- Your dad spent 2 hours in line at a gas station with the windows down and now he just sits around smiling.
- Hotel hot tub!
- You get to do lame Hurricane Irma quizzes!
I hope you enjoyed this little distraction from things going on outside.
If you complete the entire quiz correctly, turn it in to mom or dad after the storm is over to get a Dairy Queen Blizzard!
We love you and our prayers are with you!
1,811 total views, 0 views today